OUR COMMITMENT TO OUR DONORS (i.e. Donor Policy)
From the act of donating, you are a “donor”, and you hereby understand, agree to, and accept the terms listed below. If you do not agree to these terms, DO NOT donate. You may receive a full refund of your donation by contacting ThereYouAreJesus.com here.
ThereYouAreJesus.com is both a for-profit and not-for-profit organization. Please read our Gift Acceptance Policy below.
ThereYouAreJesus.com (“TYAJ”) believes in safeguarding personal information and ensuring that privacy is respected and protected for donors, all persons involved, all youth, volunteers, vendors, and members. We will use personal information to keep donors, friends, vendors, volunteers, and alumni informed of our activities including our programs, special events, and funding needs. We respect all requests to remain anonymous. We will always provide an “opt-out” procedure for donors and others who receive such materials to request that their names be deleted from similar mailings, phone calls, faxes or electronic communications in the future. Donors, friends, volunteers, and alumni may contact ThereYouAreJesus.com at any time and we will gladly accommodate your preferences. Individuals may choose to opt out of electronic communication including emails and faxes. Individuals may also request that their record be flagged as “Do Not Call”. ThereYouAreJesus.com will honor all or a combination of these “opt-out” preferences.
Gift Acceptance Policy
Acceptance of any contribution, gift or grant is at the discretion of ThereYouAreJesus.com. ThereYouAreJesus.com will not accept any gift unless it can be used or expended consistently with the purpose and mission of ThereYouAreJesus.com.
No irrevocable gift, whether outright or life-income in character, will be accepted if under any reasonable set of circumstances the gift would jeopardize the donor’s financial security.
ThereYouAreJesus.com will refrain from providing advice about the tax or other treatment of gifts and will encourage donors to seek guidance from their own professional advisors to assist them in their own processes.
ThereYouAreJesus.com will accept donations of cash, card, or publicly traded securities. Gifts of in-kind services will be accepted at the discretion of ThereYouAreJesus.com.
Certain other gifts, real property, personal property, in-kind gifts, non-liquid securities, and contributions whose sources are not transparent or whose use is restricted in some manner, must be reviewed prior to acceptance due to the special obligations raised or liabilities they may pose for ThereYouAreJesus.com.
ThereYouAreJesus.com IS NOT YET accredited by the IRS [i.e. NOT A 501(3)(c)] and IS NOT YET registered in any way with the federal or state government [i.e. NOT incorporated]. No contribution made to ThereYouAreJesus.com may be tax-writeable or deemed “substantial enough” for such. You, the donor, claim all responsibility for any tax negligence or your misunderstanding of this policy. While we accept and appreciate your kindness, DO NOT donate if you do not understand this. Please contact ThereYouAreJesus.com here for a full refund.
ThereYouAreJesus.com will respect the intent of the donor relating to gifts for restricted purposes and those relating to the desire to remain anonymous. With respect to anonymous gifts, ThereYouAreJesus.com will restrict information about the donor to only those staff members with a need to know.
ThereYouAreJesus.com will not compensate, whether through commissions, finders’ fees, or other means, any third party for directing a gift or a donor to ThereYouAreJesus.com.
On March 2, 2017 ThereYouAreJesus.com adopted this Gift Acceptance Policy.
- ThereYouAreJesus.com will not sell, trade, rent or exchange its donor list and donor’s personal information with any other organization.
- ThereYouAreJesus.com will only keep the information provided to it.
- ThereYouAreJesus.com will not sell, trade, rent or exchange any donor lists from anywhere and anyone.
- From time to time ThereYouAreJesus.com will share donor or prospective donor information with other, select, reputable, vetted parties and to ensure collaborative efforts.
- If an individual requests that information be shared in any way, then ThereYouAreJesus.com will comply with their wishes.
- ThereYouAreJesus.com never sends out mailings on behalf of other organizations.
- ThereYouAreJesus.com expects vendors to uphold privacy guidelines. If data is shared, a Non-Disclosure Agreement will be entered into with the vendor and the sharing of data is prevented by contract stipulations that are present in contacts between ThereYouAreJesus.com and our vendors.
Collection of Data
ThereYouAreJesus.com collects personal data through event registration, email subscription, online donation services, postal mail, wire transfer, phone, and other electronic means. We only collect this information when users submit it voluntarily or through the public domain. If a user prefers not to submit such information online, they may contact ThereYouAreJesus.com to determine an appropriate channel to transmit this information.
- From these services, we may collect a person’s first name, last name, email address, company, position, secondary email address, address, city, state, zip code, and phone numbers (home, work, or mobile). We may collect event-specific information pertaining to a person’s attendance, meal preferences, and guests. We may collect the provided name and email of a spouse, contributor or foundation to facilitate the recognition for a gift. This confidential information is kept on file for IRS purposes.
- Wire transfer information received and processed by ThereYouAreJesus.com is stored in Franklin Templeton Investment Services, LLC.
- ThereYouAreJesus.com will maintain an electronic record in our database of all requests for discontinuance of contacts.
- Oral requests will be recorded in writing by ThereYouAreJesus.com staff and will then be permanently recorded in the electronic donor database.
Storage of Data
- Donor information is maintained in a password protected, secured database. Only authorized personnel have access to this information and only for appropriate business purposes. This information is shared with board members and authorized staff, only on a confidential and need-to-know basis.
Online Security and Enforcement
- Credit Cards – ThereYouAreJesus.com uses a 3rd party service “PayPal” to accept donations. At all times efforts are made to protect card numbers. Please view PayPal’s policies here.
- ThereYouAreJesus.com does not store credit card numbers.
- Credit card refunds are not processed by ThereYouAreJesus.com but by and through PayPal.
Rhythm Club USA (“RCUSA”) INFORMATION
Any data maintained by RCUSA related to local Boys & Girls Club affiliates is considered confidential and proprietary and will not be shared with third parties without permission. RCUSA follows the standards set forth above to protect any data received as a result of dues or other payments to RCUSA.
RCUSA protects any child data in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998. RCUSA does not intend to collect personal information from children under the age of 13. While we encourage children to visit our site and learn more about our programs, we recommend, however, that parents approve and closely supervise the activity of their children at this and all other online sites. We urge children to check with their parents before entering information on any website and we urge parents to discuss with their children restrictions regarding the online release of personal information to anyone they don’t know.
Release of Information
- RCUSA will not use pictures or names without a signed consent form. If by accident something is put up, and that is content you would like taken down, please contact RCUSA here and it will immediately be taken down at your request.
- RCUSA currently requires a signed parental/guardian release when utilizing kid’s stories for fundraising or marketing.
- RCUSA may use the story of a child and use a fictitious name to protect their privacy.
Event attendee’s information
- RCUSA may utilize a system to collect information about guests that are seated at event tables. This information may include name, email, company and address.
- Guests may follow the “opt-out” options outlined in this policy.
Existing Privacy Policies
Donor Bill of Rights
This was created by the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), the Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP), the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), and the Giving Institute: Leading Consultants to Non-Profits.
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To ensure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the nonprofit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
I. To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
II. To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
III. To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
IV. To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
V. To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
VI. To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
VII. To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
VIII. To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
IX. To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
X. To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.